Kidney Cancer Patients Could Benefit From Detoxification Salads
In natural healing, there’s a principle about detoxification that must be followed if the patient suffering from cancer wants to get better. It’s that the body must be detoxified. Once the internal organs are detoxified, they have a chance of healing.
What this means is that if you have beginning stages of kidney cancer or any other cancer, it’s good to start eating fruits and vegetables in copious quantities. Fruits contain substances that clean out the cells, such as different types of acid. This doesn’t mean the fruits will make your body acidic; whenever you have a serious disease, the body is generally acidic from the disease process itself.
Vegetables will help bring the body back to its normal alkaline state. These foods are great at using chlorophyll to detoxify the cells while also simultaneously providing plenty of antioxidants that can then decrease inflammation, eliminate infections, and provide the nutrients that are naturally healing and boost the immune system.
Here are two recipes you can use to start that detoxification process:
Lettuce Antioxidant Salad
Yield: 5 servings (20 servings fruits / vegetables)
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, sliced into bite-sized amounts
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 leek, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, sliced (excellent for the immune system)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 cactus pad, diced (this tastes like lime green beans)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- ½ cup diced fennel
- 2/3 cup lentils, cooked
- Your favorite salad dressing
- In a large bowl, mix the lettuce, spinach, arugula and celery. Toss.
- Next add the mushrooms, fennel, leek and lentils. Toss again.
- Finally add the blueberries and strawberries. Toss lightly and serve.
You aren’t expected to eat the whole salad at one sitting! Instead, you’ll have enough food to eat for salads for the next three days, and with this one salad will be providing yourself with 6-7 servings vegetables. Don’t forget to add protein to the meal, too!
Beet Broccoli Detox Salad
Yield: 5 servings (13 servings vegetables)
- 1-1/2 cups beets, diced
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ pound broccoli florets
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix all vegetables together in a very large bowl.
- In the blender, mix olive oil, mustard and apple cider vinegar. Blend for 15 seconds.
- Pour blended mixture over vegetables. Toss and serve.
With the first salad for lunch and this salad for dinner, you are consuming 11-13 servings of vegetables and fruits a day. That’s enough to start some serious healing in the body. Start detoxifying your body today!